Cattistock Community Fund
The Cattistock Community Fund (CCF) – What we do and how we do it!
The CCF builds funds, makes grants and acts as a trustee for specific community projects all for the benefit of the village. In 2016 the CCF was granted charitable status by the Charity Commission and continues to make grants to local organisations, events and community activities. All of the monies received into the fund come from personal donations, village fundraising activities or where specific funding has been awarded to groups such as the Cattistock Community Voluntary Group.
WHO BENEFITS?: The CCF makes grants to village organisations, such as The Savill Hall, Cattistock Tennis Club, the Churchyard Lighting Project and the Cattistock Community Space. Awards have also included start-up costs for the First Dorset Credit Union, the Cattistock Community lunches and the annual Christmas tree lights. This village website was 100% funded by the CCF. Between 2011 and 2020 approximately £24,000 was awarded – Its for the benefit of Cattistock and its surrounding hamlets.
WHO ARE THE TRUSTEES?: To understand who is a Trustee go HERE. If you would like to learn more or take an active role by becoming a Trustee or by joining as a Member, do contact any of the Trustees.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A GRANT?: If you would like to apply for a grant, please contact a Trustee, or to make an online application please go HERE. Once your application has been received and reviewed by the Trustees, you will be contacted to confirm if you have been successful.
HOW ARE FUNDS RAISED?: Funds are raised from Easyfundraising and Smile.Amazon (see below for how you can help). They are also raised from donations, legacies and village activities plus fundraising efforts from Localgiving.com. Donations have been received from the Village Fete, The Garden Festival, The Lunch Club, the Fox and Hounds tower project, Dorset Knob Throwing, the Cricket Club plus many other contributors.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday, you could be raising free donations for the CCF through:
- Easyfundraising – there are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including EBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
- Smile.Amazon – Amazon will give 0.5% of the net purchase price (excl. VAT & other shipping fees), again it won’t cost you a penny extra.
All you need to do is:
- For Easyfundraising go HERE and join for FREE. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping. Once you are set up you can download a Donation Reminder link on your computer/laptop that helps remind you!
- For Smile.Amazon go HERE. This will link you directly, just confirm you are supporting the Cattistock Community Fund
- After you have checked out, the retailer will make a donation to the CCF at no extra cost to you whatsoever!.
There are no catches or hidden charges and the CCF will be really grateful for your donations.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
See the latest CCF AGM Notes HERE