Butterflies Tea Room & Library
Butterflies Tea Rooms
A welcome message from Val
Myself and my husband, Gordon, are very excited about opening Butterflies Tea Rooms in Cattistock. We are opening 7 days a week, from 9.00am to 5.00pm, with a menu that includes the following:
- Beverages including: Pots of Tea, a wide range of Herbal Teas, Coffees and Hot Chocolates, plus a range of Squashes
- Breakfast including: Toast, a Full Cattistock Breakfast, Baguettes, Croissants and Panini
- Ploughman’s Lunches including: Cheddar Cheese or Local Ham, plus Dressed Salad, Homemade Chutney, Pickled Onions and Warm Baguette
- Children’s Boxes including: Sandwiches, Crisps, Fruit and a Carton of Juice
- Cream Teas including: Pot of Tea, Homemade Scone, Homemade Preserve and Clotted Cream
Please support us and let us know what we can offer to support the community.
It’s all home made cakes and supplies.
Please note that we have now changed to Winter hours, as follows:
Tuesday 9 to 2
Wednesday 9 to 3
Thursday 9 to 3
Friday 9 to 3
Saturday 9 to 1
We will post the date for returning to Summer hours on the website in the New Year.
Tea Room Library
The library in the Tea Room is one part of the total library the village offers to its users, with the other half being held in the Church of St Peter and St Paul. The library in the Tea Room is very popular and consisting predominantly of novels, including the most popular themes and authors.
The library service is free, so please borrow any book you wish to read, take it home and only return it when you have finished the book, there is no time limit. We do however ask readers to borrow one book at a time, to keep the choice has high as possible for everyone.
The books are sourced from the hundreds that are given to the village every year. Those not used in the library are put up for sale at the Cattistock Village Fete, with any surplus being given to the Weldmar Hospicecare Trust.
The village library is for everyone, so please use it and enjoy it.
For more information please contact Peter Farmer on 01300 320965, Simon Goddall on 320570, or Chris Bond on 07812544242