The Fete has been a central part of village life since records began and very little had changed for many years. Today the fete remains an important part of village life but with a modern twist. In recent years the fete has been more locally known as “The Fete Week” due to a number of special events held during the week leading up to fete day.
2021: This year the Fete will be on Sunday 22nd August between 1.00pm and 4.00pm in the Village Playground. This year we will be running a reduced schedule in the week leading up to the fete day due to the current COVID situation, but we will have a Quiz Night, a Boules Competition run over 2 days, a Treasure Hunt & The Village Photo Quiz
Events such as Cattistock’s Got Talent, the Children’s Tea Party, Boules, a Treasure Hunt, a Community Lunch, a Quiz, the Bingo, and a Jumble Sale.
On the Day:
Things like the Silent Auction, the Craft Fair, a Bungy and Bouncy Castle, a band and Barbecue, Raffle, Knob Throwing Games, Book Stall and much much more
The Cattistock Fete’s boules competition
What Fete funds have helped with:
Though the Fete Committee agreed that a major percentage of its funds should be donated to the Cattistock Community Fund (CCF) so that it was more widely available for village use; the committee also agreed there would be an amount of money set aside to come back to the villagers more immediately for special village projects such as…..
- The Street Lamp Story. (2018 – 2019)
- To refurbish and reinstate the old village lamp that used to stand in the Square many years ago. Go HERE for the full story.
- The Telephone Box (2017 – 2020)
- Reinstatement of the old red telephone box outside the Fox & Hounds. The original telephone box has been purchased from fete funds and houses the defibrillator (itself paid for by the Knob Fest). Go HERE to see how much work the volunteers put into this project.
- The Christmas Tree (every year):
- A large Christmas Tree is placed outside the village hall each year, suitably dressed with lights funded by the CCF. Go to the Village Hall page HERE for some great images.
- The Library (2016 – today)
- Funds allocated for the purchase of shelving for bookcases for various locations around the Village. The library currently resides in the Fox and Hounds Oak Room and a team of volunteers ensure it is kept refreshed. Go to the Fox and Hounds page HERE for the latest update on the Library.
Email: Wayne Briggs or phone 01300 321525.